The Social Services Division oversees a spectrum of programs and services centered around supporting the Los Alamos community’s health and well-being. Through our case coordination and outreach, we help persons that may be experiencing hardships navigate the often-complex procedures to receive aid.
Community members of all ages can receive assistance with the following services:
- Federal and state benefit programs: Starting or renewing applications for Medicaid, SNAP, WIC, and other programs
- Utilities: Assistance with applications for LIHEAP and Los Alamos Utilities Assistance Program
- Housing: Assistance with Section 8 / Housing vouchers; and assistance with eviction processes
- Job-seeking: Assistance with Workforce Solutions and occasionally help with local businesses’ job applications as available
- Physical and Behavioral Health: Assistance with referrals to providers
The Social Services Division also manages contracts with partnering agencies throughout the region who provide a range of programming and services for individuals, youth, families, and seniors throughout the community.
Social Services staff also coordinate the work of the Los Alamos County Health Council (LACHC).
For additional resources, please see our additional links: