DISPATCH: (505) 661-RIDE (7433)
Mon. - Fri., 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Real-time Route Information
Atomic City Transit is excited to announce that we are now providing real-time route information! Simply download the myStop Mobile iPhone app or view our Bus Tracker website at http://atomiccitybustracker.availtec.com/infopoint from any desktop or mobile device.
- See where your bus is right now
- View the next three estimated departure times for any bus stop
- Set up email or text message alerts
- Keep up-to-date with Public Service Message alerts
- Create an account to subscribe to route messages and departure alerts
Also, look for the following features over the next few months:
- QR codes at every bus stop, allowing quick access to the next three departures
- Posters at every bus stop which display route information
- Electronic signs which display estimated departure times at the Los Alamos Public Library bus stop and the Transit Center, in addition to the sign already in place at the Smith's bus stop on Trinity
- Our schedule on Google Transit, which provides an easy way to plan your trip
A general usage manual is available here. Please feel free to call us at 661-RIDE (7433) with any questions.
Temporary Bus Stop Closure
The bus stop at San Ildefonso and Camino Redondo on the inbound side (towards the Transit Center) will be closed temporarily due to construction. We will update this item once we know when the stop is expected to re-open.
Minor Schedule Adjustments Effective Wed., Nov. 26, 2014
Please review the new Schedule Packet for minor time adjustments made to time points on most routes. Hard copies are available on buses—just ask your driver for a copy.
Overview of changes:
- Many time points are adjusted on each route (most adjustments are +/- 1 minute)
- Route 2T ( AM and PM) begins its Inbound trip to the Transit Center 1 minute earlier
- Route 2M (AM only) begins its Inbound trip to the Transit Center 1 minute earlier
- Route 6 begins its Inbound trip to the Transit Center 2 minutes earlier
Please call 661-RIDE (7433) with any questions.
Draft Transit Study and Five-Year Plan
The Draft Transit Study and Five-Year Plan was presented to the Transportation Board at their Thursday, November 6 meeting. You may review the draft plan at the following website: http://lsccs.com/projects/losalamos/final.htm. Comments may be emailed to email@example.com.
Routes & Schedules
Hard copies of the current Route and Schedule Packet are available on buses. Just ask your driver for a copy. A new Ride Guide is being finalized and will be printed and available on buses soon.
2014 Bandelier Shuttle Schedule - Shuttle services ended October 27, 2014
Route 2 Serves Airport Upon Request
ACT Route 2 serves the airport (LAM) upon request. Riders should advise the Route 2 driver of airport terminal building destination when boarding the bus. Riders should call 661-RIDE (7433) to request a Route 2 pick-up at the airport terminal building.
Pajarito Acres Service
Service to the Pajarito Acres area is now provided via ACT's curb to curb Dial-a-Ride Service. Those with a documented disability or who are age 60 and over can schedule rides up to three days in advance. The general public may request same day Dial-a-Ride service.
In addition, after Route 2 (Counter-Clockwise) and Peak Route 2 (Clockwise) completes the final three runs through White Rock at the end of the day, these buses will turn into Dial-a-Ride vehicles upon request in order to deliver riders to specific locations in White Rock, including Pajarito Acres. Riders requesting a Dial-a-Ride drop off should be sure to let their driver know when they board the bus. To further clarify, these are the Route 2 runs that leave the Transit Center at 6:27pm, 6:37pm, and 6:57pm each evening and arrive at their final stop in White Rock (Hwy 4 & Sherwood) at 6:50pm, 7:08pm, and 7:20pm respectively each evening.
Public Transit Basics
Before riding Atomic City Transit, please review our Customer Service Policy. Parents, please review this Bus Safety Basics Coloring & Activity Book with your children to ensure they understand the safety tips discussed before they ride. To request a copy in the mail, please call Dispatch at 661-RIDE(7433).
Sign up for updates to Atomic City Transit services via our e-mail newsletter. If changes to bus services are made, we can alert you quickly. After you submit your request, you will receive a follow-up validation email message. You must complete the validation process to be added to the subscriber database.