NEW! The County's Parks, Recreation, & Facility Reservation Website is LIVE!
Click here to see what's available and reserve your Aquatic Center classes & passes!
WEBTRAC ON-LINE RECREATION REGISTRATION
Fall And Winter Schedule 2016.pdf
Lap Swimming Etiquette 2016.pdf
The Aquatic Center is a world-class facility that offers diverse activities to users of all ages, income levels, fitness levels,
and interests. The Aquatic Center provides safe and affordable recreation, instruction, fitness competitive and therapeutic
programs for all interested citizens and visitors. The Aquatic Center is known internationally for high-altitude of 7,240 feet
above sea level. Teams from around the world including Japan, Belgium, New Zealand, Germany, and many more have
trained at this facility. Clubs from around the United States also make yearly training trips to the Walkup Aquatic Center.
Locally the Center supports private swim teams and the Los Alamos High School Swimming and Diving Team.
Main Pool Therapy Pool
- 50 meters by 25 yards 40 feet by 20 feet
- 620,000 gallons 27,000 gallons
- 4 feet to 13 feet deep 4'2" to 4'9" deep
- 82.5 water temperature 94 - 96 Water temperature
- Access by steps Hydro-lift and ladders
- 33 Laps Short Course = 1 mile
- 15 Laps Long Course = 1 mile
Every Wednesday, enjoy discounted admission and something fun for all age Wacky Wednesday includes the
Inflatable Obstacle Course and family friendly movies (G or PG) in the lobby.
TIME: 1:00 - 4:00pm - Movies, games and more
1:00 - 3:00pm - Inflatable obstacle course
- $2.00 Youth
- $2.50 Senior
- $3.25 Adult
Warm Water Weekends
Join us on the weekends for a fun time in the Olympic pool as we raise the temperature to 84-85 degrees.
Race your friends on the inflatable obstacle course, play with the any of the water toys or join your friends for a splashing game of basketball.
Dates: November 12th & 13th
December 10th & 11th
Time: Saturday 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
October 25, 2016
November & December - No Open Boating
Practice time for canoes, kayaks, and rafts:
- The patio gate opens at 6:45 p.m. for boat cleaning.
- Time 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- All water crafts must be rinsed off on the patio prior to pool entry.
- All boats must be out of the water by 8:00p.m.
- Boaters must provide their own boat.
- All participants must purchase a wristband from the front desk before entering in the pool.
- Life jackets are recommended for participants.