NEW! The County's Parks, Recreation, & Facility Reservation Website is LIVE! Click here to see what's available and reserve your Aquatic Center classes & passes!
WEBTRAC ON-LINE RECREATION REGISTRATION
January - May Pool Schedule.pdf
Lap Swimming Etiquette 2016.pdf
The Aquatic Center is a world-class facility that offers diverse activities to users of all ages, income levels, fitness levels, and interests. The Aquatic Center provides safe and affordable recreation, instruction, fitness competitive and therapeutic programs for all interested citizens and visitors. The Aquatic Center is known internationally for high-altitude of 7,240 feet above sea level. Teams from around the world including Japan, Belgium, New Zealand, Germany, and many more have trained at this facility. Clubs from around the United States also make yearly training trips to the Walkup Aquatic Center. Locally the Center supports private swim teams and the Los Alamos High School Swimming and Diving Team.
Main Pool Therapy Pool
- 50 meters by 25 yards 40 feet by 20 feet
- 620,000 gallons 27,000 gallons
- 4 feet to 13 feet deep 4'2" to 4'9" deep
- 82.5 water temperature 94 - 96 Water temperature
- Access by steps Hydro-lift and ladders
- 35 Laps Short Course = 1 mile
- 17.6 Laps Long Course = 1 mile