Up to date collection progress is available on our Facebook Page
The curbside collection occurs four times a year (spring, summer, fall and winter) in effort to assist residents with the disposal of yard waste. The following schedule was prepared to reduce the amount of time your items sit at the curb. If you have further questions contact the Eco Station at 662-8163.
Per Code Enforcement:
Residents will be in violation of Los Alamos County Code Chapter 18 if any of the conditions below are demonstrated:
- Pile is set out when your area is not scheduled to receive collection.
- Pile contains non-accepted material.
- Pile is obstructed by obstacles.
- Pile is larger than standardized size.
- Pile is set out after designated pickup date.
Residents may receive a citation into Municipal Court where they can face fines and charges up to $ 500.00 or 90 days in Jail. For each day there is a violation a new citation may be issued.
For more information on Los Alamos County Code Enforcement Click Here
To report a violation please contact Los Alamos County Code Enforcement at 505-662-8120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
||Set out no sooner than
|Barranca Mesa, Ponderosa Estates, Loma Linda & Hawks Landing
|Quemazon, Sandia, Trinity, Orange & Nickel
|Walnut, Yucca, Urban, Arizona & Town Site
|Rover, Old Town, Meadow Lane, Aragon & Bryce Avenue
|La Vista, Canada Way, Canada Circle, Barcelona, Canyon Vista, Sierra Vista, Monte Vista & La Paloma
|La Senda & Piedra Loop
|Pajarito Acres, Monte Rey, Rio Bravo, Potrillo, Estante Way
- One pickup per household
- Debris piles can be no larger than 8 cubic yards. Debris amounts in excess of standardized size will not be removed. For a visual representation please click on the links below:
Visual Representation of 8 cubic yards Visual Representation of 8 cubic yards 2
- Do NOT set out materials sooner than ten days before the first day of your scheduled collection date.
- Do NOT set out materials that are not accepted.
- Items must be placed out no later than 8 a.m. on your designated pick-up day and set close to curb - avoid placing items under power lines
- Available to residents with weekly curb side refuse collection
- All leaves and pine needles should be placed in paper yard waste bags
- Items that will be picked up: brush, Christmas trees, leaves and yard clippings
- Place trash in your trash roll cart - normal household trash will not be removed.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
Items that WILL NOT be collected: Refrigerators, televisions, glass, construction material, lumber, tires, concrete, railroad ties, fencing materials, or paints/chemicals, mattresses, appliances, and furniture.
Frequently Asked Questions: