APPLY TO SERVE ON THE BOARD OF PUBLIC UTILITIES
The County is currently accepting applications for Board of Public Utilities membership. We are asking that interested parties please submit applications by May 17th, 2013. The new member term will begin on July 1st, 2013. Terms for Board of Public Utilities members are five years. Visit the Boards & Commissions website for application details.
The The Department of Public Utilities (DPU) operates the county-owned electric, gas, water & wastewater systems under the jurisdiction of the Board of Public Utilities.
The DPU is funded by rates paid for electric, gas, water and wastewater services and auxiliary fees, and has provided the community with these services for more than 40 years. Established under Article V. of the 1968 Charter for the Incorporated County of Los Alamos (PDF), the DPU provides payments to Los Alamos County in lieu of the franchise fees and taxes that would normally be assessed against a privately-owned utility.
- Purpose: Governing body of the Department of Public Utilities "which shall operate the County-owned electric, gas, water and sewer utility systems under jurisdiction and control of the Board of Public Utilities."
- Authorization: Los Alamos County Charter (Article V) and Los Alamos County Ordinance No. 54, 11/1/66.
- Composition: Five members, must be registered to vote in the County.
- Term: Five years
- Meetings: Regular meetings usually occur the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at 170 Central Park Square - DPU Conference Room.
- Staff Liaison: John E. Arrowsmith, Utilities Department 662-8272.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Full agenda packets, meeting minutes, and quorum notices for Board of Public Utilities meetings are provided below. Tentative draft agendas are normally posted 2 weeks prior to regular meetings (these are subject to change) and final agenda packets are normally posted the Friday before the meeting. Draft minutes can be obtained 10 days after the meeting by contacting the Senior Office Specialist at the number or e-mail below. Approved minutes are normally posted the Thursday after they are approved at the regular monthly meeting. If you would like copies of older agendas or minutes, please call 311 (from landlines) or (505) 662-8333. Contact Senior Office Specialist Jaime Kephart at (505) 662-8132 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list to receive e-mail notifications of meetings.