- Mission - The mission of the APPA Board is to encourage the integration of art into the architecture of municipal structures, increase the general public awareness of art, to visually enhance the community, to capture a part of our history for future generations, to promote the establishment of a collection of art, with the works of artists who live or work, or who have lived or worked in Los Alamos County having a high priority.
- Term - Two years from date of Council appointment.
- Meetings - The Board meets the 4th Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m. - Meeting Room #3 at the Mesa Public Library.
- Staff Liaison - Libby Carlsten, Management Analyst, Community Services Department, 662-8261
- Authorization - Los Alamos County Code Ordinance No. 85-47; County Code Chapter 8, Article II, Sections 8-31 - 8-34.
- Composition - Five members.
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Art in Public Places Board has developed an “Open Call For Art/Ideas” to give the citizens of Los Alamos an opportunity to suggest ideas or artwork they would like to see added to the public art collection. Please click on the link to get more information. The deadline for submittals is Friday, May 17, 2013.