Skip navigation links
County Council
Boards, Commissions, and Committees
Art in Public Places Advisory Board
Board of Adjustment
Board of Public Utilities
Environmental Sustainability Board
Fuller Lodge Historic Districts Advisory Board
Labor Management Relations Board
Library Board
Lodgers' Tax Advisory Board
Parks and Recreation Board
Personnel Board
Planning and Zoning Commission
Transportation Board
Valuation Protest Board
White Rock Master Plan Committee
How to Apply and Get Appointed
The Role of Boards and Commissions
Los Alamos County Sheriff
Inspection of Public Records
Communications and Public Relations
Get Involved
County Attorney
Open Forum
Municipal Court
Los Alamos Boards, Commissions, and Committees 

Get Involved in your Community

The government of Los Alamos County offers various ways for citizens to become actively involved in the business of government. In addition to the opportunities that citizens have to express their thoughts and concerns at County Council meetings and public meetings, Los Alamos citizens may apply to serve on one of many Los Alamos Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs).

Terms for BCC members range from one to five years. Interested citizens may apply for a position on any BCC that currently has a vacancy. After completing an application, individuals are interviewed by County officials. BCC appointments require a majority vote of the County Council.

To apply to serve on a BCC, follow the link at right called How to Apply and Get Appointed for Membership on a Board or Commission. On that you will find a PDF fillable application form.

You can also pick up an application from the County Manager's Office. When complete, return it to 1000 Central Ave., Suite 350  Los Alamos, NM 87544 or fax it to 505-662-8079.

Related Documents

 Public Involvement Manual - PDF (724 KB)
 B&C Orientation Manual - PDF (355 KB)

B&C Members List - with terms of service and term expiration dates.

 Boards and Commissions


 More Information

How to Apply and Get Appointed for Membership on a Board, Commission or Committe … read more
Volunteer citizen boards serve an important role in democratic local government. … read more
The following Boards
have vacancies:
The Department of Public Utilities operates the County-owned electric, gas, water and sewer utility systems under the jurisdiction and control of the Board of Public Utilities.
The Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board is state-mandated and provides citizen input on ways and means for improving the county's use of lodger's tax funds.
The Transportation Board makes recommendations regarding improvements in traffic conditions and all modes of transportation, including pedestrian, within the county.

 Board Meetings

5/31/16 4:00 PM
Board of Public Utilities Special Closed Session … read more
6/15/16 6:30 PM
NOTE CHANGE IN TIME TO START AT 6:30PM. Regular monthly meeting of the Board of … read more
6/16/16 5:30 PM
Discuss Environmental Sustainability Issues Related to Los Alamos County. … read more
6/23/16 5:30 PM
Regular June Meeting … read more
7/20/16 5:30 PM
Regular monthly meeting of the Board of Public Utilities … read more
7/21/16 5:30 PM
Discuss Environmental Sustainability Issues Related to Los Alamos County. … read more
7/28/16 5:30 PM
Regular July Meeting … read more