2017 School Board Election Information
Tuesday, December 20th - Candidate Filing Day
- Declarations of Candidacy shall be filed in the office of the County Clerk between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, December 20, 2016, for the following:
- LOS ALAMOS SCHOOL BOARD positions to be filled:
- District 1 (Precincts 1, 2,3 and 7)
- District 2 (Precincts 4,5, and 6)
- NOTE: Positions are open to qualified electors residing within the
- Los Alamos School Districts 1 & 2.
- UNM-LA ADVISORY BOARD positions to be filled:
- Position 1, Position 2 and Position 5
- NOTE: Positions run at-large and are open to all qualified electors
- in Los Alamos County.
Tuesday, December 27th at 5pm - Voter Registration Closes
Residents who are not registered, or have moved, need to complete a new voter registration form in the County Clerk’s Office no later than, Tuesday, December 27th, in order to be eligible to vote in the Special All Mail Ballot and School Board Elections.
Voter registration forms are also available at the Motor Vehicle Department and at both libraries.
The NM Secretary of State also provides online voter registration to eligible New Mexico citizens. Citizens can now update their existing registration or register for the first time, all that is required is a state-issued I.D. To register online visit: www.sos.state.nm.us.