The mission of the Los Alamos County Assessor’s Office is to provide excellent public service by providing complete, accurate and timely assessments of all property subject to taxation in accordance with the Property Tax Code applicable statutes, orders, regulations and laws, the tenants of the International Association of Assessing Officers, and Uniform Standard of Professional Appraisal Practice, with a well-managed office and professional staff.
- Provide for a Property Valuation Maintenance Program that implements the process utilized in the valuation of property taxation and complies with the Property Tax Code.
- Provide fair, uniform and equitable assessments on all real and personal property subject to property taxation, by utilizing a computer assisted mass appraisal (CAMA) system incorporated with a geographic information system (GIS).
- Meet or exceed the requirements of the New Mexico Property Tax Division and the Property Tax Code for level of assessment and uniformity by constant market analysis.
- Provide current, accurate information to the public as well as other departments and governmental entities upon which to base decisions on.
- Conduct educational outreach programs to increase public awareness of assessment process and taxpayer benefits available.
- Provide and maintain a professional, certified, and knowledgeable staff.
The Assessor's Office also welcomes any questions, comments or concerns. Please feel free to visit us at the address shown below or contact us by phone or mail.